Tags : :
In the initial stage, the original village was only a small area which located in the east side along the main road. There are only two roads outside of the village
From 1883, the village extended three times as large as the original one to the south. The new area was also in the same direction of the western main road to the old village and along this road. Besides it, a railway crossing the extended area was built
In the third stage of the development of the village from 1922, the area doubled to the second stage and was built along the south of the railway.
The fourth stage experienced the most significant development of Chorleywood. Its size was about two times as large as this in third stage. There was also a motorway built and it was parllel to the western main road. All of these new location was expanded around the main roads, the motor way and ther railway. As can be seen, A local park and a golf course was settled in the center of the village.